Support for Women in Agriculture and Environment (SWAGEN) is an indigenous organization founded and owned by grassroots women in Uganda. The organization came into existence in 1998 out of felt need.
Vision : All round development of the human being.
Mission : To create strong grassroot women groups capable of active participation in and meaningful contribution to mainstream national development.
Goal : Resilient grasssroot communities with ability to absorb shocks, adapt to unplanned sudden changes and bounce back from attack through sustainable use of, equal access to and control of natural resources.
Localy, we are in collaborative forest management (CFM) with the National Forest Authourity (NFA), Communities on the REDD+ working group.
At international level, SWAGEN is a member of;
- UN womens major Group (WMG)
- Women International for a Common Future (WICF)
- Mary Robinson's Foundation for Climate Justice(MRFCJ)
- Pan African Justice Alliance (PACJA)
- Women Organizing for Change in Agriculture and Natural Resources(WOCAN)
- African Union Of Conservationists (AUC)
- Global Environment Facility CSO Network (GEG CSO Net )
- Global Gender and Climate Alliance (GGCA)
- United Nations Economic And Social Council (ECOSOC)